Tuesday 25 February 2014

Is PR the right course for me? A retrospective view on my journey so far…

I’m now into my second semester of the Public Relations and Communications course.  I was first drawn to this course because of the focus on the work experience and the strong teaching team who has a wealth of industry knowledge.  Since beginning of the year, this course has taken me out of my comfort zone and really challenged my creativity.  






I believe that this course is giving me a varied look into the world of PR and will gradually equip me with the skills and tools I would need to be successful when I graduate. 

So far I have managed to gain work experience in a PR agency in Harrogate.  I also use my initiative to widen my planning skills by helping to organise an alumni event for a local secondary school. I’m enjoying both placements and learning a lot from it.  They have been great opportunities to for me to put the theories I learned into practice.

 The way the course is structured means I can fit my work placements in with my studies, which gives a balance to my learning.

The Public Relations and Communications course has enabled me to use my skills that I have as a person and develop new skills in a supportive study environment, this has allow my confidence to flourish.
I look forward to seeing where this course takes me in the next three years.  I hope to continue to get the real insight into the PR industry and explore the different opportunities that present themselves in the future.


Poppy Howell – A first year Public Relations and Communications student and Course Representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment